Stuffed Vege-Turkey Slices
Yields: 12 servings
- 2½ cups broth
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 large onion
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- ½ Tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Combine above ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 1 package Whole Grain Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix and mix well. Set aside.
Saute 1 cup minced onion in 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or water in a large skillet.
In A blender combine remaining ingredients:
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Bakon Hickory Smoke Style Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
sautedonions to blender mixture and blend until smooth.
Pour gravy mixture back into large skillet and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it reaches
16 turkey slices (thick enough so that they will not fall apart when folded) (I use Worthington Turkey slices, a vegetarian option)
Place a large spoonful on each slice of turkey. Fold it like a taco and place in
Hint: If preparing this ahead of time, do not add the gravy until ready to bake.