Strawberry Shortcake Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cup whole grain flour (for gluten-free I used sorghum and garbanzo bean flours)
- ½ cup agave or stevia to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups chopped strawberries
- Water as needed for correct moistness
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix and make a well in dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients in well and mix all ingredients just until evenly combined.
- If using stevia instead of agave batter may be a bit dry, add ¼-½ cup water as needed for correct moistness.
- Pour mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes and then reduce heat to 325F and back for additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in muffin pan.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve cut in half and topped with fresh strawberries and whipped topping!