Yield: 6 servings
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Ener-G egg-replacer
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Stevia to equal 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 3-6 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- stevia to taste (approximately enough to equal 2 Tablespoons sugar)
- Whipped topping
- 6 fresh whole strawberries, washed and tops removed (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in coconut milk and mix until mixture is evenly moist.
- Spread onto greased baking pan or roll out 1-inch thick and make into shapes or biscuits.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 425F for 10-12 minutes.
- For sheet cake approximately 20 minutes.
- While shortcake is baking, combine chopped strawberries and sweetener.
- Cover and chill.
- When cake is done, top with chopped and sweetened strawberries, whipped topping, and a fresh whole strawberry.