Strawberry Mango Topping
Yield: 5 cups
2 lbs (6 cups) fresh or frozen strawberries
1 lb (4 cups) dried mango
- This recipe requires a fairly high powered blender.
- If your blender is not high powered do not attempt Strawberry Mango Topping, try Strawberry Pineapple Spread instead (see below).
- Mangos can also be steamed to soften to make them easier to blend.
- If strawberries are frozen, thaw first.
- Add strawberries to blender and whiz.
- Add mango a little at a time until mixture is thick.
- Blend until creamy, smooth.
- Pour into containers.
Variations: Strawberry Pineapple Spread
Replace mango with dried pineapple.
Try a fresh juicy fruit and a dried fruit combination of your choices, such as fresh pineapple and dried papaya.
Prepare a recipe of Strawberry Mango or Pineapple Topping and mix it with fresh cut strawberries.
Use as a topping for strawberry shortcake.
We really enjoy this little signature extra on top of our shortcake and you might enjoy it too.
Also tastes great as a spread on toast or pancakes!