Strawberry Breakfast Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dates
- 2 cups strawberries
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine dry ingredients and nuts.
- Mix and make a well in dry ingredients.
- Combine dates, 2 cups strawberries, coconut milk and vanilla in a blender and blend until dates are chopped fine.
- Add blender mixture into well of dry ingredients and mix all ingredients just until evenly combined.
- Pour mixture into muffin tins.
- Top with chopped strawberries.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes and then reduce heat to 325° F and back for additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in muffin pan.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Wonderful warm or cool!