Yield: 4 servings
- 9 cups fresh collard or kale leaves
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Wash greens and strip the leaves from stems.
- Chop stems into rounds and place in a large, deep skillet. (Do not discard stems they are full of vitamins and minerals and break up the texture of greens.)
- Do not add the leaves yet, just the stems to the skillet.
- Add oil, onion, garlic, and seasonings to the skillet and mix well.
- Stir-fry until onion is clear (approximately 5 minutes).
- While they are cooking, using scissors or a sharp knife, cut greens into thin strips.
- Remove lid from skillet, add greens, and cook, stirring constantly, until just limp about 2 minutes.
- Add non-dairy milk and tomatoes and cook for just 1 more minute.
Click here for more facts about Greens and Plant Calcium