Yield: 8 servings (2 squares each)
- 2 cups raw oats
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour or other grain flour of choice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2-4 Tablespoons honey
- 3-6 Tablespoons water or non-dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl and stir well.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and add wet ingredients.
- Mix well. Add more water if necessary.
- Batter should be stiff and follow spoon around the bowl.
- Roll dough out on baking pan to ¼ inch thick and cut into square.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve these for breakfast topped with stewed apples.