Frozen Cranberry Dessert
Yield: 9 servings
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ teaspoon salt
cupcane sugar crystals
- 8 ounces non-dairy cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cup cranberry sauce
- Pan Spray
- Place 1 cup of fresh cranberries in a medium-size skillet.
- Stirring constantly sauté cranberries over medium-high heat until skins pop (approximately 5 minutes).
- Place stir-fried cranberries in
blender . Add raw cashews, salt, milk, and sugar to cranberries in blender and whiz until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into
- Add the cream cheese, vanilla, and cranberry sauce to the mixture in the mixing bowl.
- Whip with an electric mixer until well mixed.
- Spray 9 X 9-inch glass dish with non-stick cooking spray
. Spoon cranberry mixture into dishand gently spread out evenly in dish . Do not press down . Cover with lid or plastic wrap and freeze . Allow to restat room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting into 3X3-inch squares.
- Serve squares frozen.
If you already have a whipped topping already prepared you can use that in place of blender mixture.
Grind cranberries and add to whipped topping.
Substitute 1-cup raspberries or cherries for cranberries.
Hints: I use R.W. Knudsen Natural Cranberry Sauce. It is